Real estate and lifestyle have always been closely related. Where you live or have lived defines the way you think, look and act i.e. your lifestyle.
In modern times, real estate is not just about where you are i.e. your location. Real estate also includes what you can actually do in a given location. What you can do is greatly influenced by smart technology.
If you haven’t already thought about buying a smart home or adding smart technology to your existing house, you would do well to consider some of the benefits this will bring to you:
Convenience is among the top reasons for purchasing a smart home. Smart tech gives people control and easy access to many of the systems in their properties such as cooling, heating, entertainment, intercoms, security, and lighting.
Many smart home devices are eco-friendly, with energy-saving features that allow you to reduce utility bills like electricity, gas, or water.
Smart homes can have security systems that help to protect your property from both internal and external dangers.
Increased home value
As smart home technology is in demand, from both those looking to buy as well as rent, home automation increases the value of the real estate. This gives investors potentially higher returns on investment if and when they decide to sell.
Smart home real estate sells faster
Although there is no telling exactly how long it will take for a house to sell, there are factors that influence this. Apart from price, location, and condition: the features of a home have an effect on its selling time. A house with smart technology usually has more features, distinguishing it from other houses, thus allowing it to sell faster than a house without smart tech.
Most popular smart home features
However, there are several other home automation solutions currently available, each providing a number of benefits and catering to a variety of specific homeowner needs.
- Smart lighting systems can be customized and controlled remotely. Further, such systems can detect when rooms are occupied and adjust the lighting as required
- Smart TVs can be turned on with voice or gesture recognition. Additionally, they can automatically download and save your favorite TV shows: ready for you to watch later
- Smart locks can detect when owners are nearby and automatically open doors for them. These systems can also be used to remotely grant or deny visitors access to certain rooms in your home
- Smart security cameras allow house owners to keep an eye on their homes from anywhere around the world
- Burglar detection devices such as glass break sensors, motion detectors and door sensors: provide extra security
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras can read your car plate number and open the front gates for your automatically
- Smart kitchen appliances make house chores such as doing laundry, home cleaning as well cooking much easier. For instance, fridges can keep track of food expiration dates and tell you when it’s time to do some shopping!
The use of smart home technology is growing globally. even in Rwanda.
Smart home technology allows for multiple benefits including giving you comfort, being able to use energy more efficiently as well as being able to secure your property.
You control Doors, windows, air conditioners, heaters, cameras, etc with a flick of a button on your smartphone, or in some cases work automatically without input.
As well as allowing you to maintain your property easier, home automation also increases the value of the real estate and makes your home easier to sell.